3.31.2010

26 weeks ~Almost the end of the 2nd Trimester!!

So here we are, already April 1st tomorrow!!! Where does the time go? Why is it that time goes faster & faster as we grow older?


Anywho, I am nearing the end of my 2nd Trimester. 26 weeks now! We did find out that we are having a baby GIRL!!! We decided on naming her Vivian Lily - after Randy's Great-Grandmother & my Grandma.

We have slowly been in the process of getting our baby girl's room together. I am blessed to have wonderful people in my life - lending us things & handing down the cutiest items of clothing, blankets, & bedding!
Here is the most recent picture of my belly that I have above. I am not a fan of pictures of myself so I cut my head off in this picture = ) It's all about the belly anyway !
So, pregnancy is a lot different than I thought it would be. I had no idea how many different changes there would be....literally from head to toe! I am enjoying each moment, even the difficult ones. I did have some morning sickness in the beginning, and learned quickly that I had to eat every 2 to 3 hours or I would get sick. I have only gained 8 pounds total as of my last appointment, so I am happy, considering I thought the weight would just fly right on. I really have only just begun really liking food again. There was a while where I truely only ate so I wouldn't get sick , and to feed my baby angel.
Another thing I have been experiencing is pregnancy Carpel Tunnel! That is something that hurts a lot more than I thought it would. I have already been waking up to go potty 1-2 times in the middle of the night, and now I am waking up even more ofter due to my hands falling asleep. And not the kind of asleep that you just shake off! The kind where you feel like your hand is going to fall off it hurts so bad & there is no position that is comfortable. I finally bought a wrist guard from Walmart and have been sleeping better ever since. They still fall asleep but not like before.
The last 2-3 weeks I have been feeling Vivian move much more strongly! What an amazing, yet strange feeling... I now know that a lot of the flutters that I was feeling before were her as well. She is getting more and more active in there. Randy had been working out of town in Pasco, but was home for and evening, and we both felt her move on the outside for the first time together! God had truely blessed us and made a lot of wonderful things & experiences happen for us. Randy is now in Spokane working, thank you to the good Lord watching out for us. We were also able to hold on through the last year and Randy being laid off work for 13 months. Now that he is back to work we paid my Suzuki car off & are on our way to being completely debt free!! So super exciting & what great timing.