Mother’s Day Poem For My Mother In Heaven
Mom, we miss you so very much on every Mother’s Day;
Mom, we miss you so very much on every Mother’s Day;
And not just then, but every minute of every day
since you've been away.
You were the center of our lives before your soul passed on;
You were the center of our lives before your soul passed on;
It’s just so hard for us
to believe that you are really gone.
We celebrate the life you lived & all the things you gave us;
We celebrate the life you lived & all the things you gave us;
Our wonderful memories, Mom,
of you are the things that will comfort and save us.
Please think of us, as we think of you
Please think of us, as we think of you
with hearts so full of love;
We’re looking up at you, sweet Mother,
as you look at us from above.
Mother's Day is a special day. Mother's do so much for everyone and never stop and rest. I believe that being a Mother is the most difficult & rewarding job. I am looking forward to the day I am able to take on the role as a Mother. I give all you Mommy's out there props!!!
Mother's Day is also a difficult day for me because my Mother passed away 20 years ago this coming June. It was 2 days after my 6th Birthday. I don't remember much about her, but what few memories I do have of her I cherish deeply. She was a wonderful woman, and she chose an amazing Father for us!!
Yesterday Randy & I spent a little time with my Dad and then we headed to his sister's house on Rathdrum Mt. His three sisters, their kidlets, and his Mom & her boyfriend Randy were all there. We had a BBQ & played some fun filled games. I thought that I have met some competitive people in my day, but Randy's family puts them all to shame!!! They were playing spoons & his sister Amy flew across the table at flying speeds to snatch the spoon from my hand!!! I love all my in-laws!!! Hope you all had a great Mother's Day as well = )

1 comment:
I loved reading this and your sweet thoughts about your Mom, Nicole. I have just a few good memories of her myself. I loved when you guys came to our house and she'd sit out on the front porch with me and let me read books to her. What I loved is that she'd actually really listen too, and comment on the story.
I also loved in the winter when we'd all come over to Grandpa's house and sled down the icy street (even though now I think about it that was SO dangerous!;) But I loved how she would make us soup and sandwiches when we came in from playing.
And I can still remember her laugh. Your laugh sounds a lot like hers.
Happy Mother's Day Grandma.:)
Post a Comment